4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Thursday, May 18, 2017

New York Reunion: Part Deux (One Day In New York City Without A Stroller)

So, the day after the big birthday bash, we tackled New York City.  We drove into the city and found early bird parking right off Times Square.  There were four and a half of us... and we were game to  take on the city!  We did Times Square, Bryant Park, 5th Avenue, Rockefeller Plaza, NBC Studios, Grand Central Station, The Chrysler Building, The Empire State Building, Central Park, Soho, Little Italy and our final drive-by was Freedom Tower.  We walked well over 10 miles, some of it in the rain. Andi probably walked about six of those.  The remaining four plus were spend on either her Dad or uncle's shoulders.  Although she was a super champ, I think they really won the prize.  We had dinner in Little Italy and although it was expensive, it was extremely delicious.  We drove back up the hour north to drop off our new friend Will, and then drove down to Parsippany, where we were staying the night.  Again, those last ten miles were brutal.  But, if you were going to tackle a major city in just one day, we did it right.  Needless to say though, I think we would've had more taxi's stopping for us if my brother flashed his tits.  I mean, no one stopped otherwise.

Here it is four days later, and my feet still hurt and I'm still feeling exhausted.  The city kicked our butts.





The next morning, Andi and I left before 6 a.m. and were at the airport by 6:30, landed by 11:35 and after some grizzly ATL traffic, home by 2 p.m.  By the time we got home, I made Andi a PB&J, and made myself a quesadilla, and then I proclaimed my need to take a nap.  I asked Andi to take her iPad and relax on the bed with me, while I napped.  It was glorious, but hard to get up from that to tackle dinner.  Andi was her usual awesome self and put no demands on me for entertainment or anything.  She received many high-fives for her ability to be my big-girl traveler.









No comments:

Post a Comment