4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Never Wake A Sleeping Bean?

It's 10:30 a.m., and I still have a Bean asleep on the couch. 


I moved her upstairs with me at 8 a.m., and here she is still sleeping.  They say, 'never wake a sleeping baby', but this is a bit much!  We're a full 1.5 hours behind on her feeding schedule already (I don't like to feed her when she's sleeping...seems to promote reflux to fill a belly that's laying down & at rest!) 

Yesterday, we meet with the KP Speech Therapist - with whom we really work on feeding.  She outlined the goals she'd like to see Andi accomplish in the next three months.  First goal is she would like Andi to be eating 1/4 of her feeds orally within the next few months.  She'd like Andi to start learning & using more verbs, and putting 2-3 words together. 

I also called the ENT surgery scheduler again yesterday to see where we are with getting Andi's surgery scheduled.  Last week, my phone call was returned to let me know that the scheduler was out and they would look into the availability and get back to me in a few days.  That was SO last week.  Annoyed.  Even our broken Congress moves faster than this! 

Last week, I told our OT how I noticed that Andi would not cross the threshold into the next room.  That is no longer the situation, as Andi has figured out that she can crawl between rooms and has become more mobile.  Yesterday, she crawled from our usual spot through the kitchen and into her bedroom.  When I grabbed the camera, she had stood up and was trying to grab for a packet of pocket kleenex.


In addition to that milestone, Andi found herself some fun playing in the kitchen drawers.  Now if she would only learn to cook!!!  She's good at sitting up when she has something to hold onto or brace herself with... otherwise, she's a bit wobbly. 


Lastly, Andi likes to sit in chairs or on the couch like a big girl now.  This weekend, I snapped these pictures of Andi in the rocking chairs on the front porch. 



...Yes, the sun actually showed itself here in Portland. Amazing.

Alright, they say never wake a sleeping Bean, but I'm only giving her 15 more minutes of this!  Gotta feed a Bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment