4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Monday, May 21, 2012

Andi-The-Destructor!

*sing along with Andi*
"oops, I did it again." ...I broke the hearing aid!

At some point, on the way home from Costco, Andi broke her hearing aid into two pieces.  She snapped the connection between the plastic ear piece and the battery compartment. I was shocked and irritated at the discovery, Andi sat in her car seat and laughed.  As if to say, 'oops!'

We went to Costco to get gas, get coffee, and order her birthday cake.  Apparently, they only need a one-day advance, but, I gave them a week.  I picked up a few other items, most importantly, the damn Keurig coffee cups we burn through at a ridiculous pace.  If our house was bugged and anyone was listening to us, you'd often hear me utter with contempt, 'Damn you Keurig with your one cup coffee convenience!'   But already, I'm ready to fire up a fresh cup, as I'm dragging hard today.

Saturday, we did the Heart Walk in the morning, and busted butt on the house in the afternoon.  I was able to stain our front porch.  Luckily, it didn't start raining until Sunday afternoon.  Sunday, we decided to play, so we drove out to the beach and tooled around in Cannon Beach and Seaside for the afternoon, having lunch at our favorite restaurant, The Wayfarer, whom catered our wedding.  Andi was a toddler and decided she'd rather eat the crayons, than color with them.  By the end of the night, we were all exhausted and Andi decided to close the evening with a good old style projectile puke. 

This morning, Andi and I got up early.  While waking up, Andi decided to take off a part of her diaper and then go potty.  Luckily, the diaper contained the contents, but we've had some run-ins with the poo monster lately.  Not fun.  At what point will it be okay to duct-tape the diaper to her?!  I'm tempted.

Andi-The-Destructor has been blazing a trail, leaving a pile of whatever in her path.  At least she's keeping things interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment