4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blenderized Diet

So, we've started our initial introduction to the Blenderized Diet.  So far, Andi has been given a blend of chicken + sweet potato + olive oil.  All has been received not only quickly (I'm plunging the mixture in through a 60 ml syringe), but not a drop has come back up.  However, tomorrow, I plan to start a new concoction that will be more calorie conscious and have more variety.  One problem with the blenderized diet from what I've read, is that kiddos usually lose some weight to start, but Andi really doesn't have any to lose, so, I'm on it.   Call me Betty Child (Betty Crocker + Julia Child)... I'm on it and pumped to fatten my beanie!

I've given it some thought and have decided to try to use our food processor rather than our high end blender.  We'll see which one wins the meal-time chore.

I'm also making a grocery list of things to add, based on a great spreadsheet I found on one website.  Am pretty excited about the variety of options available, and hope that this works.  We're so overdue a big, big break!  Please, Please, Please, let this be the break we've been waiting for!!!

3 comments:

  1. I've been reading about the blenderized diet and also want to try it. It seems like A LOT of work, but I am willing to do anything to stop the horrible vomitting. Please let me know how it works and any tips. I am going to talk to her GI doctor Feb 1st and hopefully start around that time. Good luck- I hope it works well for Andi and I hope she can gain some fat rolls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, she doesn't eat it by mouth, or she does? Either way, I hope it works! Crossing fingers and toes for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending success juju Andi's (and your) way!

    ReplyDelete