4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Soaring Heart

Maybe I should whine more often.  Just when I least expect it, this kid blows me away.  Last night, after a very rare date night, Daddy Bean and I retired to bed to watch a little SNL, tummies more than full.  We were watching Katy Perry do her thang, and behold, startled, I look to my left and my little monkey is peering at me over the ledge of her playpen sleeper.  Holding onto the railing for dear life, she's standing in her crib.  Whoa!  We laughed, and joined each other in a chorus of 'oh sh*t!'  while still cheering on our girl.  Today, she broke out a few new tricks, have us both cheering and scared to death!

First of all, Andi really wanted one of her books contained by her toy box.  I was baking a ridiculous amount of cookies, Daddy Bean conjured me out of the kitchen to find this:

Girl loves her books!


Later in the day, I was trying to get her to take a nap, while continuing to bake a ridiculous amount of cookies, I look in on my girl to find her peering back at me. 

She got down and I watched her get back up again, repeatedly.  Time and time again, she wants to get up and see what's going on outside the four walls of her crib.

I have no idea what to do when she wants to stand in this crib.  I am scared to death at the mere thought.

So, a little whining on my part, and a lot of action on Andi's part to slap me back into shape.  All sending my heart soaring and reigniting my resolve.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Andi! Strong heart, strong legs! She's gonna be more and more mobile--better get that babyproofing done quick! :)

    ReplyDelete