4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Monday, October 24, 2011

Pukey Puke

This past week came and went in a flash.  Ginga was here and now she's back home.  It really flew by.  Sadly, I didn't make any progress on my massive "to-do" list while she was here.  Seriously, it was a blink of an eye.  Andi went back for a check-up with the peds surgery nurse, and our surgeon stopped in to check on her as well.  Andi actually lost an ounce, but they attributed that to the leveling off of TPN weight.  I was expecting her to be in the 17's, but nope, she's at 16 lbs, 2.3 ounces.  Her puking seemed to be getting better, but she's since come down with a cold.  Ginga and I felt that it was the cold causing the pukes.  Last night, I vented a massive amount of air out of Andi's stomach, and again today.  Maybe she swallows a lot of air through the day?!  Either way, her stomach doesn't seem to want to process all that air, so I think it just sits there and collects until the pressure gets too much, then it forces some out with a good heave-ho.  I dunno.  I feel like I've been to medical school, doesn't mean I actually have.  I just know that this problem existed as long as I can remember, and now that it isn't able to leak out the g-tube, it has to either get processed or pushed out one way or another. Frustrating.  But, the good news is that the new site doesn't leak a drop! Nothing.

The surgery team cleared Andi for swimming.  Although she has a cold, I am anxious to really get her in the water.  Her OT thinks the water would be amazing for her.  Therefore, tonight, I'm planning on filling the jacuzzi tub and getting the Bean in a "pool" of warm water.  I won't fire on the jets, but, we'll work up to that.  I imagine Andi will enjoy that aspect, once she gets used to the water.  When she gets better, we're going to go with our OT to the community pool for some hydrotherapy.  I think she's expecting Andi to do laps... hahahaha.. would be great for her upper body conditioning.  We all know she can certainly kick those legs at hyper speeds.

Andi wants to say sorry to Ginga for getting her sick!  She says 'bah, bah, bah buh - dadah, da!' Which translates, 'thanks for taking such good care of me Ginga!!!!'  ;0)  I'm just sorry that you got her cold!  I hope you get well quick!  I am still battling the cold, trying to keep from its full fledged assult on me, but I too, feel like I've been dragged behind the truck for miles on a dusty road.  Perhaps that is why my massive to-do list is still a mile long.  Puke.

Well, I just opened the mail to find a big fat bill from the hospital.  Andi's last hospitalization, only showing one of the two surgeries, billed insurance for $52,434.57.  Yikes! They show my out of pocket about three times what I'm expecting to pay, so, I'm off to call about this bill.  'Uhm, yeah, I don't think so!'  Her inpatient room alone for 11 days, $22,869.  That's some serious 5-star accomodations.  Too bad it wasn't one of those glass bottom huts over the water in Fiji that I always dreamed of enjoying.  As bad as all these bills are, I can't imagine and don't want to experience what they'd be without my insurance. Scary stuff.  It makes me want to pukey puke.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for no leaks! That must be a nice save on the washing and drying of outfits! Just out of curiosity, why doesn't the excess air go out the backside? Wouldn't that be loverly? :)

    ReplyDelete