4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Nap Police!

Days like today, I feel I need to call the nap police!  I, for the life of me, cannot get Andi to take her afternoon nap.  This means, that in a few hours, I will have a little maniac on my hands, who is so tired - she screams, cries, and pitches the biggest hissy-fit this side of the Mississippi.  Sadly, Andi does not take after me in the sleep area.  My head hits the pillow, and I'm gone -- konked out with ease.  Andi, unfortunately, takes after her Dad in the sleep dept., at least in the area of shutting down and getting her to sleep.  Once she's asleep, she does pretty well.  Well, most of the time.  She's such a social little sucker, that it seems like she doesn't want to miss out on any of the action, or seeing people. So, she'll stay awake, until she simply can't stay awake anymore, well, after pitching a major calorie-burning hissy fit.

I've spent the past three hours trying to get her fed and napping.  This is in between shooting out work emails galore and picking up the house a bit too.  I feel fried.  Therefore, I think our society should offer the nap police.  You call them, they come and pick up your child and get them to nap.  Whether it's a magical pinch of some little nerve that sends the kid off to snoozeland, or some of the medicinal stylings of our favorite anesthesiologist, Dr. Woodward.  It, would really make my life a little less challenging.  We could have Cheap Trick revise and rerelease their 'dream police' song - and that would be the major part of the marketing campaign. Okay, I'm reaching.  But, as I look across the room, I see part sweetheart, part monster -- whom just scouled at me!!!  My goodness, she looks so much bigger to me!  Maybe once this feed finishes and her belly is full, she'll take a short "disco" nap and spare me the whiny Friday night meltdown leading up to sleep.  As I just posted on Facebook, "Calgon, take me away!"

Here's a picture of my future Miss Grump.  It's funny, any time you whip out a camera, she's suddenly a happy lil' ham! 

1 comment:

  1. Is her hair blonding up a bit? I know when I get over tired, I pitch a huge hissy fit, so, I feel you! Hugs for mama, a mini-Vulcan neck pinch to the Bean! :)

    ReplyDelete