4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Monday, October 18, 2010

Butterball ... and thensome!

Our butterball weighed in today at 10 POUNDS, 4.5 OUNCES!!!  Double digits, FINALLY!!!  :0)  She's now 24" long, and her head size increased too.  She's also been taken OFF her OXYGEN, and one of her diuretics!!!  "This is by far the best I've ever seen her." (Dr. C.)  Today has been the BEST day!  Dietary wants us to slowly increase her feeds too! 

Andi's cute face, just got 10x's cuter without that stupid oxygen cannula!

Tomorrow we have to go see a ENT Dr. to get the referral for the hearing aid.  I was told that the hearing aid costs $4000. and my portion of that is $800.  Not bad, considering, but still... OUCH!!!  I'll have to walk out back and yank a few more bills off the ol' money tree.  Yikes.  The community nurse from the county health dept. is coming to see us tomorrow too.  We're hoping she brings us news of help on the way... but, in the meantime, I have a name & number of a friend of a friend whom might entertain working for the Bean. 

Andi's Dad said it earlier, ...'now we can go to the beach!'... so I think in a few weeks we'll be spending the weekend at the beach. YIPPIE!  Just hope this string of good luck continues.  Oddly enough, the social worker at the Dr's office I met with, in conjunction with her Dr., told me I had a cricket on my back.  She flicked it off and I got to see she wasn't joking.  I made the joke about bringing my pets with me wherever I go, and am just hoping that in some culture, having a cricket on you is a sign of good luck.  We could use all the good luck we can muster, and will savior it with glee.

YIPPIE!!!
;0)

3 comments:

  1. Anna, that is the best news! However, now it seems you will need to find a new upper body workout regime to replace toting oxygen tanks. ;-)

    So happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for all the good news! :)
    The beach in November? Brrr! Sounds like fun!
    Have some chinese food tonight in honor of the lucky cricket!

    ReplyDelete