4th Birthday Photo Session

4th Birthday Photo Session

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kaiser Permanente Rent-A-Baby Program

In all my years, I never imagined I'd be signed up for the Kaiser Permanente Rent-A-Baby Program.  10 days or two days... take your pick.  When not being rented for imaginary full-time parenthood, the baby rests in the hospital, tended to by professional babysitters.  It's quite an affordable option to those whom just want to test out parenthood.  Unfortunately for me, I've always known I was destined for parenthood.  I knew it'd be challenging, but worth every minute.  I knew I'd be good at it.  I believe having two really great parents made me more likely to be successful at my own attempt at parenthood.  Never in a million years would I have thought that my baby would spend nearly all of her three months of life in the hospital.  It's quite disturbing, to say the least.  Worst than that, we haven't even had the most critical surgery yet, the surgery to repair holes in her heart.  She's had three surgeries in her first seven weeks of age.  This was definitely not in the parenthood brochure.  No parent should have to endure these seven levels of hell.  Despite all this, Andi is strong. Looking around this hospital, our situation could be a lot worse.  So, we march forward thankful for what we do have, and what we do overcome.  We march forward hopeful that soon we will be honored with some semblance of normalcy. 

It appears that Andi's urinary tract infection is being beaten by the antibiotics.  We're awaiting a few more tests, but the fever is gone and she's starting to look like herself again.  If all continues to go well, she might be checking out of this posh hotel again tomorrow.  See, we checked out last Friday and we were back in on Monday...  so, although we're repeating the Friday check-out, I'd like Kaiser to know that we no longer want to be a part of their rent-a-baby program, but opt for the purchase-a-baby program.  We're keeping her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment